To acquire a position in the Information Technology field that will utilize my skills in UNIX server security, networking, maintenance and problem solving
SKILLS, TECHNOLOGIES & PROJECTS
- Administrative experience with the following operating systems: Solaris 2.6/7, Linux(Debian/CentOS/RedHat)
- Attended SANS conferences/training for the following courses: Incident Handling, Network Based Intrusion Detection, Intrusion Detection: The Big Picture, Planning and Implementing Secure Remote Access, Effective Incident response, Unix Security Threats and Solutions and Network
- Intrusion Detection Analysis with both network and host based systems
- Experience with the following security related programs: Tcpdump, snoop, snort, ethereal, shadow, ipchains/iptables, tripwire, AIDE, nmap, nessus, saint, port sentry, logchecker, perro, pgp, Bastile
- Experience with server build and configuration automation with applications such as: CFEngine, Kickstart and FAI
- Experience with the following servers: Apache, Bind, qmail, sendmail, postfix, Netscape Enterprise server 3.x, MySQL, ssh, ProFTP, Volano Chat, MajorDomo, postgresql
- Experience with the following scripting and programming languages: Unix shell scripting (sh/ksh/bash), expect, php, python, some C++ and Perl
- Experience setting up monitoring packages such as: Nagios, Big Brother, Cacti
- Skilled at performing upgrades for miscellaneous software/hardware.
- Ability and willingness to help others.
- Extremely interested in the direction of information technology.